Monday, September 7, 2009

Fall Preview or Leaves it to dreamers

There is just a hint of it in the foliage. The green mountains hold bits of gold that just jump out when you least expect it. Driving to Grandfather Mountain, enjoying the green beauty of my little part of the world and then, POW! Just like in the old Batman TV show, there is a branch that has gone over to the gold, or the red, or a delicious mixture of both. Soon pumpkins, sunflowers and corn stalks will be replacing the lillies and and hydrangeas that have colored my world of late. 


Just to the right -right there in the middle - do you see them? Gold this morning, now they're more red. I'll see if I can't capture them a bit better. But what would really make you feel it is the 68 perfect degrees it is right now at 7pm. The sun is highlighting the mountain across the river while the maples in the paddocks are in full shadow from the mountain behind us. 


Time to make Alfredo sauce to go with the fresh garlic and spinach ravioli we got at the Farmer's Market from the Pasta Wench. I'll let you know how it turns out. Maybe I'll put on a sweater...nah....

1 comment:

Saturn Girl said...

I've told you for years that you are a writer -- you just proved it! A beautiful description. Keep going!

love ya,
Tess

Photoshop.com Album